' Ward ' For a Boy




let me go back to the day I gave birth to our little prince, Prince Ward. I was already one week overdue and I had an ultrasound appointment early in the morning, around 9: 15 am , to be precise.
 And like every other ultrasound, I managed to finish early. Only to find out that for this time there is no going home.. I have to Pop asap!

Oh I forgot to tell you, it is 14 th of January - not so special of a date- , I thought to myself.
So from here it is emergency department , admission then WOW what the hell?!! I am giving birth to my little monster!

'Little Monster' , it is what I used to call my little prince while pregnant. Not that I hated it, but I loved the fact that there's a life living, breathing, eating and hell yeah kicking inside of me! Just like in those hollywood movies the science fiction ones.

I love my little prince, my little 'Ward', my baby monster..


15th of January:

I've been through contractions like sea shores waves on a rainy day. It took me 12 hours.. or no, actually 41 weeks and 12 hours with god knows how many seconds to meet my adorable little moster. And it was magical! Fascinating  how pain, such strong indescribable pain, can create rainbows and cotton candy. -I would say unicorns, but sorry not a fan.

Our cotton candy was named after his grandma. And in case you are wondering - for those  middle eastern fellow readers-, this is no spelling mistake, you read it right!

See, In our culture and like any other culture, some names suits both genders. In Wards' case this short sweet single syllable name means the rare white lion or one of the lion names in the arabic language. Most people don't know that and thinks it means flowers as it is used as such in the arabic slang language. Now for a girl, you can go real and say its true meaning. Or go blunt and say it means flowers.

Well.. I won't lie, I gave birth to a beautiful lion in a suit of flowers.

One day the lion hid inside will emerge as a true strong one  and I'll be there in a front row seat watching with tears in my eyes.


Dear little Monster,

I love you.



Comments

Popular Posts