Loneliness looks better on paper

He had one of the most charming stares
Had his eyes on me like if he could see right through..
It scares me how vulnerable I can be in front of him!
He finally spoke breaking the awkward silence,
- Tell me what do you like doing most ?
- 'I write' I answered hesitatingly
he smiled like if he already knew..
And I wondered if he had a lucky guess or if it's so obvious I'm always hiding behind metaphors.
another question came shortly after .. - What do you write about?
and I wanted to say love.. and I wanted to say you.. and I wanted to say your eyes and how they wrinkle when you smile ..
All together ! 
But they don't fit quite right anymore ! Not when I feel so scared yet so safe when he's around. Not when I'm always lost in those eyes of his!
and I heard myself saying: ''Anything and everything.. It depends'
He smiled again ' this time It was wider and lingered a bit longer'
-Will you write about this?
And before I ask 'what about?,' pretending not to know what he meant, He leans forward and says 'us'
From this close, I can see flaws.. I can see imperfections that anywhere, somewhere! Someone, anyone might fall in love with, the way I did.
Exactly the way I did !
And I heard my answer echoes ..'I guess loneliness looks better on paper'

Comments

Popular Posts