What I'm looking for..

What is it you’re looking for..?
I've been asked this question more than once…

Well.. I gave it a thought and this is my answer:

There are a lot of people who want things from one another, who want to take parts of each other’s life and claim them as their own. They drain you; you’ll feel like you’re being hollowed out slowly, slowly, burned out and carved into a boat for their rescue. But there are few people, a handful of people who I have met in this life, who I have loved and who have loved me back. It’s not a matter of who I am looking for. To answer your question means I’d have to build a criteria for my ideal whomever, it means I would have to narrow the choices down to what I love, and leave out all the rest of what I have to learn, and what I have yet to see in that particular person. So, I love those who are always running, who are full of movement, who appreciate those empty streets at five a.m, those who I can call up any time for an adventure and they’ll always say "hell yeah". Those who bring me to their beautiful places, to their mountain peaks. Those who take me to the places they grew up in, and let me be a part of it. They understand that it’s important, all of it. They understand that it’s not so much about the stories that we tell each other, but about the way we tell them, about the way we always move together. I’m looking for those whom are willing to dance with me, to climb to the top of things with me and see what kind of open skies we can find together. Those who find meaning in everything and I’ll love them or let me say “him”. I’m not very good at people. I mean, in a very shallow plane, yes I am. I’m good at instant things, good at touch-and-go, at making a brief and wonderful impact and then running the other way, laughing, but there are those who get it, I don’t like being friends with everyone or rather anyone! But it’s different with those who will stand still with me in a world of constant movement and they’ll just look up, together, to this world. It’s like, sometimes you meet a person and you can just feel it, this connection between the two of you. Like the air between you is thicker in a way. It makes me so nervous and I crave it, I crave it endlessly. I can’t explain it, really, but I’ll feel it in my heart so deeply that it must be real, right?  There are so many kinds of people in this world, so many colors of humans that I have yet to meet. I want to fill my life with a person whose colors eddy with mine in such a way that we create a new color between us, a color that can’t be replicated with any other. A good person, a kind one, hardworking who is in tune with the pulse of things, who can talk me into a frenzy, who don’t shy away from his hurt, but who let it deepen their sense of being, who will look me in the eye without either of us turning away. The crazy one. The one who makes me shy. The one who make me small and then large, who stretch my boundaries. The one who is so open, yet so difficult to understand. The one who isn't afraid to tell me I’m wrong, who will fight for what he believe in, who will never let me walk all over him, just because I can. I have been dehumanized by people who think of me as an idea instead of flesh, who aren't willing to look at the same stone from a different angle. I want that person that can create new stories with me instead of just retelling the ones of his past. If he can move through this life sided by me, if we only can move together! Then ‘Yes’, he’s the one that’ll be in my heart, and I’ll be in his. He's the kind of person I'm looking for. 


Comments

Popular Posts